Employers who have demonstrated an immediate, ongoing need for skilled workers may qualify to participate in strategic recruitment initiatives. Employers will have met the eligibility requirements for the positions they are recruiting and have completed all steps.
Qualifying employers will provide MPNP with list(s) of candidates who meet the program criteria and have the ability and intent to establish in Manitoba with a guaranteed offer of full time long term employment.
Candidates will be assessed based on:
- Age: 21 – 45 (unless otherwise specifically requested by the employer)
- Education: Have completed post secondary education where required by the occupation/employer. (on selected pilots, on the job training may be considered)
- Work Experience: Have at least 3 years experience in the past 5 years in an occupation related to the in-demand occupation for which they are being selected.
- Official Languages Proficiency: Meet demonstrate language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 in all four skill areas. CLB/NCLC 4 for NOC C and D occupations may be considered at MPNP discretion.
- Adaptability and Settlement Supports: Priority will be given to labour market needs outside of the Manitoba Capital Region. Candidates who demonstrate stronger ties to another province of Canada, through previous employment or previous completion of post-secondary education, may be deemed a retention risk and not approved by the MPNP.
Employers will be required to pay transportation to Manitoba costs for selected workers in semi-skilled (NOC C or D) occupations and may also be required to pay repatriation costs.
Employers will be required to register with the Government of Canada’s Employer Portal and pay the $230 compliance fee. These fees cannot be charged back to the worker.