The Immigration Programs Branch can assist you with your business research and start-up efforts through bi-weekly information seminars, individual meetings and through referral to external business support agencies based on your specific objectives.
All applicants approved through the MPNP – Business Investor Stream are required to report to the Immigration Programs Branch as soon as they arrive in Manitoba with a temporary work permit. At that time, MPNP business immigration officers will be able to provide you with general business start-up advice and refer you to external business start-up supports depending on your specific business plan.
Bi-weekly Information Seminar
The Immigration Programs Branch encourages all potential applicants to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program – Business Investor Stream to attend our bi-weekly business investment and immigration information seminar. This seminar is designed to serve the needs of potential immigrant business investors who wish to explore the opportunity to immigrate and invest in Manitoba through the MPNP. Our experienced MPNP business immigration officers will be able to assist you with:
- Identifying your business research objectives pertaining to your Business Concept.
- Adopting the methodology, planning and accessing resources that can maximize the efficiency of your research activities in Manitoba.
Please view the detailed information about this seminar below.
|Where:||Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program|
Immigration Programs Branch, Immigration and Economic Opportunities Division, Manitoba Economic Development and Training
213 Notre Dame Avenue, 4th floor
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1N3
|When:||Commencing January 7th, 2020, continuing bi-weekly thereafter until further notice|
|Cost:||CAD $100 plus GST (5%) per participant including one accompanying adult family* member.|
Please note that due to the nature of this seminar we are unable to accommodate anyone under the age of 16 years.
|Payment:||We accept Credit Card payments – VISA or MasterCard – on the day of the event. Cash or cheque payments are not accepted.|
|Topics Covered:|| |
To register, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Choice of the date of the seminar
- Your country of residence
- Participant’s name
- Family member’s name
- Passport number
- Photocopy of your valid travel documents (either visitor’s visa or ETA)
Important: You will be required to present your confirmation of registration / passport to our office on the day of the event.
- Attendance at this seminar will have no bearing on your Expression of Interest (EOI) score or on the overall assessment of any future nomination application through the MPNP.
- If you wish to include this seminar in your itinerary for an exploratory visit, we recommend that you do not make any travel plans until your receive the confirmation of registration.
- Family member refers to accompanying spouse or common law partner or dependent children.
- This seminar is designed to serve the needs of potential immigrant business investors who wish to explore the opportunity to immigrate and invest in Manitoba through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program – Business Investor Stream. Preference will be given to potential immigrant investors to Manitoba interested in the MPNP.
- All other individuals interested in attending the seminar who do not receive a confirmation of registration may contact our office within 5 working days of the seminar date to request a seat. Registration for any available seats will be on a first-come first-served basis upon request. Please be advised that the Immigration Programs Branch does not maintain a waiting list for event registration.