The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) has launched an interim process for applying to the Business Investor Stream Farm Investor Pathway (FIP). This process will be in place until technical changes to the MPNP Online system are complete (projected completion: late 2018).
The MPNP Business Investor Stream requires updates to the MPNP Online application system. While the system is enhanced, a limited number of Farm Investor Pathway candidates will be processed. The interim process uses the forms below. Once the system enhancements are complete, this interim procedure will end and all future candidates will use the online application system. The interim process is based in the renewed FIP eligibility requirements.
Interim Process Overview
These steps briefly show the process for applying to the MPNP Farm Investor Pathway. Steps 1-3 relate to expressing your interest in applying, and steps 4-7 relate to submitting an application and meeting the terms required for nomination. For full details, download the Farm Investor Pathway Guidelines Kit .
Step 1: Explore and research Farm Business in Manitoba
- Determine that you meet the minimum criteria of the Farm Investor Pathway.
- Complete an Interest Guidelines Form.
- You must meet the minimum eligibility requirements to continue to the next step.
- Please pay close attention to adaptability, specifically relating to your practical farming skills, technical knowledge and experience in technological based farming practices that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s current primary farm production industry. Your existing farm operation must be comparable to current Manitoba farming operations in terms of technology utilization, technological practices employed, scale, equipment utilized, production output, etc.
Step 2: Complete the Interest Guidelines and Farm Business Concept forms
- Research your proposed farm business in Manitoba and explore the province.
- Based on your research findings and your self-assessment of the FIP eligibility criteria, you may consider completing a Farm Business Concept Form.
Step 3: Submit your Interest Guidelines and Farm Business Concept forms to the MPNP
- Once you have completed your farm business research and determined that you are eligible for the FIP, you can submit your forms by email to the MPNP. The following forms are required:
- Your Interest Guidelines Form;
- Your Farm Business Concept Form; and
- Code of Conduct for Immigration Representatives, if applicable.
- A response will be emailed to you. If you do not meet the minimum stream criteria requirements, your business concept will not be reviewed. Please note that the business concept is not an application to the MPNP.
Step 4: Submit your full application to the MPNP
- If you have been sent a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) to the MPNP, you will receive an email with detailed instructions.
- Your LAA may include a request for verification of your net worth and financial information by a designated third-party service provider.
- Read and follow the Instructions and Document Checklist.
- Electronic submission (email) of all provincial and federal forms is required. Physical copies of these forms will not be accepted.
- Physical copies (hard copies) of supporting documents can be submitted by mail or in person.
- All documents listed in the Instructions and Document Checklist and your net worth verification report must be submitted, and your application fee must be paid within 120 days of receiving your LAA for your application to be considered complete.
Step 5: Application assessment
- Your complete application will be assessed by the MPNP. This may include an interview.
- If your application meets all of the requirements of the MPNP, the MPNP will issue you a certificate of nomination.
- If you are approved for nomination, you will be instructed to sign a Deposit Agreement and send a deposit of CAD$75,000.
Step 6: Apply for Permanent Residence
- Once nominated, you can apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residence.
- If your application is favourably assessed by IRCC, you will receive a permanent resident visa.
Step 7: Establish your farm business in Manitoba
- Provide your new contact information to the MPNP within 30 days of your landing as a Permanent Resident.
- MPNP Business Immigration Officers of the Immigration Programs Branch can assist you with information, feedback, and guidance.
For more details on the process and all of the steps, download the FIP Guidelines Kit.
Interim Process Forms and Documents
Ensure that you have downloaded the most recent version of each form.
Important: These forms are intended to be completed on a desktop or laptop computer. They may not display or function properly on a mobile device (phone or tablet). Visit get.adobe.com/reader to download the most recent version of Adobe Reader.
Some forms require a digital signature (digital ID). For more information on signing a PDF form with a digital ID, please visit helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html. The Business Investor Stream interim process forms and documents may be signed with a self-signed digital ID or a digital ID from a certificate authority.
Forms and Documents
Manitoba Forms (Steps 1-3)
|Document Name (click to download)||Size||Last Updated|
|Farm Investor Pathway Guidelines Kit||1.5 MB||06-2018|
|Farm Investor Pathway Interest Guidelines Form||1.5 MB||06-2018|
|Farm Investor Pathway Farm Business Concept Form||1.5 MB||06-2018|
|Manitoba Code of Conduct for Immigration Representatives||500 KB||03-2017|
Manitoba Application Forms (Step 4)
|Document Name (click to download)||Size||Last Updated|
|Business Investor Stream Fee Payment Form||1 MB||11-07-2018|
|Business Investor Stream Information Release Form||1 MB||05-2018|
|Business Investor Stream Consent to Indirect Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information||750 KB||05-2018|
|Farm Investor Pathway General Application Form||1 MB||05-2018|
|Farm Investor Pathway Declaration of Intent Form||1 MB||05-2018|
Federal Immigration Forms (Step 4)
See the Farm Investor Pathway Application Instructions and Checklist for links to the federal immigration forms required with your application to the MPNP Business Investor Stream Farm Investor Pathway.