The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) has launched an interim process for applying to the Business Investor Stream Entrepreneur Pathway. This process will be in place until technical changes to the MPNP Online system are complete (projected completion: late 2018).
The MPNP Business Investor stream requires updates to the MPNP Online application system. While the system is enhanced, a limited number of Entrepreneur Pathway candidates will be processed. The interim process uses the forms below. Once the system enhancements are complete, this interim procedure will end and all future candidates will use the online application system.
Interim Process Overview
These steps briefly show the process for applying to the MPNP Entrepreneur Pathway. Steps 1-3 relate to expressing your interest in applying, and steps 4-7 relate to submitting an application and meeting the terms required for nomination. For full details, download the Entrepreneur Pathway Interim Process Map.
Step 1: Self-assessment
- Determine that you meet the minimum criteria of the Entrepreneur Pathway.
- Complete a Self-Assessment Form.
Step 2: Explore Manitoba and research your Business Concept
- Research your proposed business in Manitoba and explore the province.
- An in-person exploratory visit and attending business seminars offered by the Business Consulting Unit (BCU) of the Immigration and Economic Opportunities Division are both encouraged.
- Complete a Business Concept Form.
Step 3: Submit your Self-assessment and Business Concept forms to the MPNP
- Once you have completed your research of the Manitoba market, you can submit your forms by email to MPNP-BusinessStream@gov.mb.ca. The following forms are required:
- Your Business Concept Form;
- Your Self-assessment Form; and
- Code of Conduct for Immigration Representatives, if applicable.
- A response will be emailed to you. If you do not meet the minimum stream criteria requirements, your business concept will not be reviewed. Please note that the business concept is not an application to the MPNP.
Step 4: Submit your full application to the MPNP
- If you have been sent a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) to the MPNP, you will receive an email with detailed instructions.
- Read and follow the Instructions and Document Checklist.
- Electronic submission (email) of all provincial and federal forms is required. Physical copies of these forms will not be accepted.
- Physical copies (hard copies) of supporting documents can be submitted by mail or in person.
- Your personal net worth will be verified by a third-party supplier approved by the MPNP.
- All documents listed in the Instructions and Document Checklist and your net worth verification report must be submitted, and your application fee must be paid within 120 days of receiving your LAA for your application to be considered complete.
Step 5: Application assessment
- Your complete application will be assessed by the MPNP. This may include an interview.
- If your application meets all of the requirements of the MPNP, the MPNP will email you an approval letter.
- You must sign a Business Performance Agreement before the MPNP will give you a letter of support for a work permit.
Step 6: Operate your business in Manitoba
- With your work permit, you can implement your business plan. Business Consulting Officers of the BCU can assist you with information, feedback, and guidance.
Step 7: Receive your MPNP nomination
- When the MPNP has verified that you have successfully completed the terms and conditions of the BPA, the MPNP will issue you a certificate of nomination.
- Once nominated, you can apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence.
For more details on the process and all of the steps, download the Process Map.
Interim Process Forms and Documents
Ensure that you have downloaded the most recent version of each form.
Important: These forms are intended to be completed on a desktop or laptop computer. They may not display or function properly on a mobile device (phone or tablet). Visit get.adobe.com/reader to download the most recent version of Adobe Reader.
Some forms require a digital signature (digital ID). For more information on signing a PDF form with a digital ID, please visit helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html. The Business Investor Stream interim process forms and documents may be signed with a self-signed digital ID or a digital ID from a certificate authority.
Forms and Documents
Manitoba Forms (Steps 1-3)
|Document Name (click to download)||Size||Last Updated|
|Entrepreneur Pathway Interim Process Map||500 KB||05-2018|
|Entrepreneur Pathway Self-Assessment Form||2 MB||08-06-2018|
|Entrepreneur Pathway Business Concept Form||1.5 MB||28-05-2018|
|Manitoba Code of Conduct for Immigration Representatives||500 KB||03-2017|
|Business Performance Agreement Overview||500 KB||05-2018|
Manitoba Application Forms (Step 4)
|Document Name (click to download)||Size||Last Updated|
|Entrepreneur Pathway Application Instructions and Checklist||1 MB||05-2018|
|Entrepreneur Pathway Business Plan Guidelines||500 KB||05-2018|
|Business Investor Stream Fee Payment Form||1 MB||05-2018|
|Business Investor Stream Information Release Form||1 MB||05-2018|
|Business Investor Stream Consent to Indirect Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information||750 KB||05-2018|
|Entrepreneur Pathway Generic Application Form||1 MB||05-2018|
Federal Immigration Forms (Step 4)
See the Entrepreneur Pathway Application Instructions and Checklist for links to the federal immigration forms required with your application to the MPNP Business Investor Stream Entrepreneur Pathway.