Do I need to hire a lawyer, consultant, or representative to help me complete or advise me on my application?

The MPNP does not require you to hire a lawyer, consultant or representative to assist you with your application. In some cases (for example, if you have difficulty understanding the forms) you may wish to hire someone to help you fill out the forms or give advice. However, if you hire someone, your application will not receive special attention, or be handled differently from other applications.

If I am approved for the Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI), what is my next step?

If you are approved as a Provincial Nominee under the FSRI, a Certificate of Nomination will be issued in your name (and your eligible dependants, if applicable) after the PNP-B receives your signed Deposit Agreement and your deposit of CDN $75,000. You will receive a letter from the PNP-B which will provide detailed instructions about the deposit and the forwarding of Federal Immigration forms and Federal processing fees to the appropriate Centralized Intake Office of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.

“How long will it take for me to receive my Nomination Certificate and what are the factors that may delay processing my application?”

There are several factors that can delay processing of your application. These may include, but are not limited to:

  • delay on your part in returning a signed Deposit Agreement and making the deposit payment
  • the need for an interview with a MPNP-B officer
  • incorrectly completed or unsigned application forms and/or missing documents; unclear photocopies
  • documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
  • failure to provide an accurate mailing address or change of address
  • verification of information and documents provided or a change in family situation

If I have already applied for immigration under a Federal Government Program, or under any other Provincial Nominee program, can I still apply to the FSRI?

You may apply to the FSRI under the MPNP-B only if your other application was filed through a Federal Government Immigration Program and if that application is still waiting for a decision. Your application under the MPNP-B will not be accepted if you already have a pending application with any of the other provinces of Canada.

Who do I contact after I arrive in Manitoba?

It is important that you contact staff of the MPNP, located on the 7th Floor, 213 Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, telephone: 204-945-1872, to arrange an appointment. You will be required to bring your landing papers with you at that time. The MPNP Office provides information, advice and guidance to Nominees of the MPNP in preparing for and going through the establishment of their proposed businesses.

Can I start to dispose of my assets after I get nominated by Manitoba and before getting my Permanent Resident Visa?

Do not quit your job or dispose of any assets until Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has provided you with a Permanent Resident Visa.

Can I still apply to MPNP if I have been refused under an immigration program of another province?

Yes you can still apply. However, you will be required to advise the MPNP if an application has been made previously to another Provincial or Federal immigration program. You are required to advise the MPNP of the results of that application including copies of any correspondence such as a letter of refusal. The application should contain sufficient information to allow the MPNP to evaluate why the factors for refusal in the other Provincial or Federal programs do not apply to the application to Manitoba.