Plan your life and career in Manitoba using the MPNP prearrival planning workbook
The workbook shows you how to gather information and make a personalized plan to successfully settle and find the job you want.
Planning to work in Manitoba, Canada? An essential workbook for newcomers is a PDF document to use on your own computer. The workbook guides you in online research and lets you type and save notes about the information you’ve gathered and steps you need to take.
By using the workbook you will learn about:
- what steps you can take to find a job in your intended occupation
- what employment, education and other documents you need to bring to Manitoba
- Manitoba communities; finding a place to live
- finances, transportation, health and other lifestyle issues
- why you should start now to improve your English, and what resources you can use
- how to get help after arrival from Manitoba’s immigrant services
Doing online research, making notes in the workbook and following instructions to gather documents you need to bring to Manitoba cannot be done in one sitting. But the workbook lets you type and save notes as you progress.
To save the changes you make to the workbook you need to use the free application Adobe Reader.
Because pre-arrival research and planning is critical to the success of newcomers, Manitoba has partnered with the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credentials Referral Office to produce and regularly update the MPNP prearrival planning workbook.
If you are unable to download and use the workbook, do your own research and planning:
- Learn about communities and lifestyle: Choose Manitoba
- Follow the suggestions to Improve your English
- Learn what to do during your first days in Manitoba: Arrive and Settle
- Find out what you need to do to become employed: Working in Manitoba