The MPNP for Skilled Workers is locally driven and based on the needs of Manitoba employers. We select internationally trained and experienced workers who have the skills needed in the local labour market, and nominate them to receive Canadian permanent resident visas to settle and work in Manitoba.
The key to the success of the MPNP is the consistently strong and stable economy of our province. The diversity of Manitoba’s growing industries and economic sectors keeps our unemployment rate low. Good wages, safe working conditions, generous benefits and workers’ rights are some of the highlights of working in Manitoba. Plus, with Manitoba’s low cost of living, and high standard of government services such as health care and education, the province offers an affordable, high-quality lifestyle.
The MPNP for Skilled Workers Overseas nominates applicants who demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:
- the support of family members or friends;
- through previous education or work experience in the province; or
- through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
All applicants must submit a Settlement Plan, to explain their plan for settling in Manitoba successfully and contributing economically. Upon nomination, we provide resources to help you put your plan into action toward achieving your goals. Our secure and easy-to-use web application, MPNP Online, guides you to enter all the information and documentation that you need to apply.
Immigration through the MPNP for Skilled Workers in Manitoba is a three-step process:
- The highest-scoring qualified candidates with a connection to Manitoba are invited to submit an MPNP application.
- Following a thorough assessment, the MPNP nominates successful candidates to make a separate application to the Government of Canada for permanent resident visas for you and your family.
Additional information is included in the General Program Processes and Policies section.