Business Research Visit | Business Intent | Guidelines for Preparation of the Summary of Business Intent | Eligible Business Investments | Deposits & Agreements | Sources of Funds | Notarized/Certified Document Copies | Substituted Evaluation
Business Investments will not be eligible if they do not meet the MPNP-B’s requirements for investment and business activities.
- The Investment of your personal assets should be no less than CDN$150,000 in tangible assets** in Manitoba, unless the Investment includes a portion of working capital that is in conformity with the industry’s capital investment structure defined by statistics from Industry Canada, and the total investment including working capital is no less than CDN$150,000.
- If an Investment is into an existing business, the Nominee must control at least 33.33% of the equity, or make a minimum CDN$1 million equity investment in the business. In addition, a redemption option should not be included in terms of investment.
- Investment into personal items such as the principal residence and motor vehicles for personal use will not be counted as part of a business investment.
- Investments into a business operated primarily for the purposes of deriving passive investment income are not eligible.
- A business entity should have ongoing and recurring business activities in Manitoba.
- You are required to actively participate in the management of the business on an ongoing basis from within Manitoba.
- The business must be legal and viable in Manitoba’s economic environment, and you must have the necessary resources and skills to operate such a business.
- The MPNP-B requires you to conduct value-added business activities in Manitoba. Purely speculative activities and passive investment schemes do not qualify under the MPNP-B.
*“Tangible Assets” means items such as motor vehicles, furniture, office equipment, computers, fixtures and fittings, machinery, and inventory, etc. The purchase of real estate is not considered a tangible asset unless it is essential to the business. If deemed eligible, the value of the investment will be the lesser of the total purchase price of the real estate or $75,000.