Settlement funds are the recommended minimum amount of money for you to have available to support yourself and your family as you arrive and adjust to life in Manitoba. You cannot borrow this money. The money must be readily available to you.
The amount of settlement funds you are required to demonstrate depends on the program pathway you are applying to and the size of your family. These amounts are based on 50 per cent of the low income cut-off totals and are updated every year. The information below is effective January 1-December 31, 2019.
|Number of Family Members||Funds Required in Canadian dollars|
|6-month LICO Requirement||12-month LICO Requirement|
|For each additional family member||3,414||6,828|
Proof of Funds
You must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money. You must include a letter from the bank and at least three months of bank statements (a list of your banking transactions).
- be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
- include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
- include your name
- list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
- include, for each current bank and investment account:
- account numbers
- the date each account was opened
- the current balance of each account
- the average balance for the past six months