To qualify for the Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI), interested applicants must:
- have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of CDN$350,000.
- have a minimum of three years farm business management or farm ownership and operation experience supported by verifiable documents.
- demonstrate adaptability, specifically relating to practical farming skills, technical knowledge and experience in technological based farming practices that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s current primary farm production industry.
The MPNP-B advises you to review and understand the eligibility requirements carefully. The FSRI is a special rural economic initiative under the auspices of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business (MPNP-B). Although the FSRI does not employ an adaptability matrix that awards points for English or French language capabilities, the FSRI recognizes language capabilities in either of Canada’s two official languages are an important adaptability skill that will accelerate your ability to become economically established in rural Manitoba. If you feel that you will be unable to demonstrate your adaptability, specifically relating to your practical farming skills, experience and technical knowledge of technological based farming practices which will transfer directly to Manitoba’s current primary production farm industry, the MPNP-B does not recommend that you apply to the FSRI Program. Farm business persons who are unable to demonstrate that they meet the FSRI criteria are encouraged to review the MPNP-B criteria. Please refer to FAQ for further information.
The applicant must also:
- conduct a Farm Business Research Visit to Manitoba. The applicant must provide a visit report and other documents to demonstrate the research conducted during this visit .
- attend and conduct an interview upon request of a MPNP-B officer in either of Canada’s two official languages after the Nomination Application with application fee have been submitted.
The applicant must also be prepared to:
- make an Eligible Farm Business Investment in Manitoba; and
- reside in Manitoba along with his/her dependent family members.
Note: Meeting the basic eligibility requirements does not guarantee nomination.
Applications will not be accepted from individuals who:
- have an unresolved refugee claim in Canada;
- are in Canada illegally;
- are subject to a removal order in Canada;
- are prohibited from entering Canada;
- have an application pending with another Provincial Nominee Program in Canada;
- had a prior MPNP-B or FSRI application refused within the last 12 months; or
- had a prior MPNP-B or FSRI application refused for misrepresentation or false documentation within the last 24 months.
Applicants residing in Manitoba while their applications are being processed are responsible for maintaining their legal status in Canada as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
Applicants should be aware that they may be ineligible for nomination by the MPNP-B, if they:
- do not meet the eligibility criteria as determined by the MPNP-B;
- have committed misrepresentation and/or fraud during the application process;
- have been refused by another provincial or federal immigration program in Canada and the reasons for refusal are applicable to the MPNP-B;
- have close relatives and/or children residing in other province(s) of Canada;
- are unable to provide sufficient explanation with supporting documentation proving that the acquisition of their earned income and net worth were legally obtained; or
- are unable to demonstrate that they have the necessary resources and skills to operate their intended business.
Applicants may also be ineligible for immigration to Canada, if:
- the applicant or any dependent family member (whether accompanying or not) has a serious medical condition;
- the applicant or any dependent family member (whether accompanying or not) over the age of 18 has a criminal record; or
- the applicant has unresolved custody or child support disputes affecting any member of the family.