MPNP applications received prior to April 1, 2013 were subject to the following program criteria:
As well as employability in your intended occupation, applications are assessed based on the type of connection you have to Manitoba:
- currently working in Manitoba as a temporary foreign worker or international student graduate
- invited to apply under a MPNP Strategic Initiative
- have a Settlement Plan supported by a close relative established in Manitoba and meet MPNP Minimum Criteria for age, education, employment experience, language ability and adaptability (see below)
- have a Settlement Plan supported by a friend or relative established in Manitoba and be assessed at least 55 on the MPNP Points Grid
- school or work experience – have in the past earned a post-secondary education degree/certificate or have at least six months employment in Manitoba and be assessed at least 55 on the MPNP Points Grid
* Minimum Criteria (applied to No. 3, above, only):
- Age: between 21 and 49 years old.
- Education: completed secondary (high) school and completed at least one year post-secondary education or training program for which you earned a certificate, diploma or degree.
- Work Experience: at least two years of full-time work experience in the past five years.
- Language Proficiency: scored at least 5 on recent IELTS test
- Adaptability: have a strong Settlement Plan that explains the steps you will take to get a job in your intended occupation and economically establish yourself and your family in Manitoba as permanent residents, and have your plan reviewed and endorsed by a close relative who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, is successfully established in Manitoba and has lived in Manitoba continuously for at least one year.