- Required document: To apply to the MPNP with this category of Connection to Manitoba, you must upload in MPNP Online the Letter of Invitation received directly from the MPNP after you were interviewed by an MPNP program officer during a recruitment mission or pre-approved exploratory visit.
What is an MPNP Exploratory Visit?
The MPNP is not currently accepting Exploratory Visit requests. Watch this page for notice of the next acceptance period.
Having a connection to Manitoba is required of all applicants to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). An exploratory visit is a way for overseas skilled workers to develop that requisite connection ― by travelling to our province to learn about our communities and labour market opportunities.
People who make a formal, pre-approved and pre-scheduled exploratory visit, during which you are interviewed by an MPNP officer, may be invited to apply to the MPNP through the issuance of an official Letter of Invitation. This invitation makes you eligible to apply; it does not, however, imply nor guarantee a favourable decision on your eventual application.
Approval and scheduling of exploratory visits with an MPNP interview is provided at the sole discretion of the MPNP subject to program needs, the availability of staff resources, and our evaluation of your ability to economically establish in Manitoba based on the eligibility criteria published at the time an intake for Exploratory Visit expressions of interest is announced. Due to the large volume of requests, acceptance periods are limited.
Note: Exploratory Visits MUST be pre-approved by the MPNP. Informal visits do not qualify potential applicants for the Manitoba Invitation eligibility criteria.
Exploratory visit requests are accepted from individual applicants only and not from third parties. Notice of expression of interest acceptance periods is given on this webpage only.
Generally, to be selected for an exploratory visit and personal interview with an MPNP officer you must be age 21 to 45, and have:
- no other connection to Manitoba (ie. through friends, relatives or previous employment or education in the province)
- completed at least a one-year, post-secondary education or training program for which you received a diploma, certificate or degree
- at least two years full-time work experience in the past five years
- job-ready English proficiency demonstrated by scoring at least 5 on a recent IELTS test
- have the genuine intention and ability to economically establish and settle in Manitoba as a permanent resident demonstrated, in part, with a Settlement Plan
The MPNP considers all complete expressions of interest (EOI) that we receive. We will respond with an e-mail advising whether or not your request to make an exploratory visit to Manitoba is granted or denied.
You are responsibile to ensure you have the the proper immigration documents required to visit Canada. The MPNP does not provide letters of invitation for any reason including in order to obtain a visitor visa, and cannot intervene if your visa application is rejected.