Immigrate to Manitoba as a provincial nominee
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) seeks skilled workers and their families who have the documented intention and ability to successfully settle and economically establish in Manitoba as permanent residents.
The MPNP nominates people who we assess as having a strong connection to Manitoba and sufficient skills, education and training, work experience, English proficiency, and adaptability to make an immediate and ongoing contribution to the provincial community and labour market.
Being nominated by the MPNP provides you expedited processing of your Canadian Permanent Resident Visa application. This makes the MPNP a faster route to Canadian permanent resident status for Manitoba-destined immigrants.
MPNP helps you successfully settle
All applicants – whether you are overseas or are currently working in Manitoba – submit a Settlement Plan. This document is your opportunity to explain how you will achieve your short and long-term settlement and employment goals, such as becoming licensed to work in an occupation that is regulated in Manitoba.
Your Settlement Plan is used in the application process and, upon nomination, we provide you with online tools and connect you with our immigrant services to empower you to take effective action to achieve your goals.
Our improved electronic application tool, MPNP Online, further guides applicants to enter all required information about you and your family, your work history, language skills, education, financial resources and Settlement Plan, and to upload all necessary documents to demonstrate your eligibility.
Before you log in to apply, review all information on our website so you fully understand both the criteria and the process.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is the immigration program of the Government of Manitoba. The online application (as well as pre-arrival, settlement and employment services) are provided free by the government.
The MPNP has no relationship with any immigration consulting or law firm, and clients of such firms receive no favour or advantage from or in Manitoba. Indeed, the MPNP is designed so it’s easy for you to apply without need of an immigration representative. Moreover, it is illegal in Manitoba to charge a fee to find employment.
Before you apply, please note that …
Becoming a Canadian permanent resident through the Manitoba PNP is a TWO STEP PROCESS
STEP 1: Qualified skilled workers with Connection to Manitoba submit application to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).
STEP 2: Successful MPNP applicants are “nominated” by the Government of Manitoba; nomination enables you to make a separate application, with expedited processing, to the Government of Canada for permanent resident visas for you and your family.
- There is no deadline to apply to the MPNP. However, program criteria may change without notice and your application will be assessed according to the criteria on our website when we receive your complete application.
- The MPNP does not accept incomplete applications.
- The government of Manitoba has the sole authority to assess and nominate applicants.
- The MPNP is not a sponsorship program. We are an economic immigration program for independent skilled workers.
- By approving your MPNP application Manitoba “nominates” you for Canadian permanent resident status.
- Nominees must apply for their visa within the time set by the MPNP.
- The Government of Canada has the final authority to issue permanent resident visas.
- Being accepted to move to Canada does not guarantee employment in your preferred job or any other job.
The Province of Manitoba and the staff of the MPNP look forward to receiving your application and helping you and your family make Manitoba your new home.