Take advantage of employment, family opportunities for skilled immigrants in Manitoba, Canada
The consistently strong economy, low unemployment rate, affordable cost of living and high quality of life in Manitoba, Canada, makes the province very attractive to economic immigrants.
“Friendly Manitoba” actively seeks immigration applications from educated and experienced workers with job-ready English because our province is facing a shortage of skilled workers.
From now till 2020 in Manitoba it is projected that 254,000 new jobs and employment opportunities will be created.
- Economic expansion: growth will create 93,000 new jobs.
- Replacement: Retirements in our aging population will leave 161,000 jobs vacant.
The government of the Canadian province of Manitoba has a free immigration program for skilled workers and entrepreneurs that provides a faster route to Canadian permanent resident status for workers and families with a Connection to Manitoba
Provincial government invites skilled workers and families from around the world to make Manitoba your new home
The continued prosperity of the Canadian province of Manitoba (pop. 1.3 million) depends on the success of the people who choose to immigrate to work and live here as permanent residents.
Ελλάδα. Deutschland. Восточная Европа. 中国. Pilipinas. The U.S.A. and the U.K. These and other countries and cultures have strong bonds with Manitoba. Manitoba has welcomed waves of immigrants who have established cultural communities in Manitoba that will make you feel right at home.
Each year more than 15,000 immigrants arrive in Manitoba. According to a recent survey, 85 per cent of Manitoba provincial nominees were working three months after arrival.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Skilled Workers and our application tool MPNP Online helps you determine if you share the employability and adaptability traits that helped other immigrants successfully economically establish, settle and integrate in the community and labour market:
- Job skills and experience: Skilled individuals of working age with recent experience, education/training and the adaptability to meet employment qualification requirements and the competitive demands of Manitoba’s evolving workplace.
- Connection to Manitoba: As the MPNP selects skilled workers and entrepreneurs who plan to remain as permanent residents, successful applicants must have the sincere intention to settle in Manitoba demonstrated in part by a strong connection to the province through current employment, or through family, friends, past work or school experience, and have a plan for establishing their career and family life in Manitoba.
- Preparing for success: Successful immigrants are those who take action before moving to advance the Settlement Plan submitted with their application by using the MPNP Pre-arrival Workbook to take action toward employment in their intended occupation.
- Job-ready English: Critical to success is having language skills strong enough to communicate effectively at the workplace – whether it’s in a hospital, a business office or on a construction site.
Other immigration options
If you do not qualify for the MPNP, consider immigrating to Manitoba by applying to the Government of Canada. The website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada explains options including family sponsorship, as well as programs to come to Manitoba temporarily to visit or work.
There are also provincial programs to facilitate your move to Manitoba for study and for entrepreneurs and investors who wish to apply for permanent resident status in Manitoba through the MPNP for Business.