Manitoba Immigration is planning an overseas recruitment mission in Eastern Europe (Germany) May 2018.
If your business is experiencing difficulty in recruiting workers locally and is interested in participating in this overseas mission, please submit an expression of your interest together with the required supporting documentation to participate to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Eastern Europe Mission 2018” by no later than February 14, 2018. No new requests will be accepted after February 14th, 2018Along with your e-mail of intent to participate in this mission, you will be asked to complete and submit the Strategic Recruitment Information form indicating what positions (include the NOC 2016 code and job title for each position) you are interested in recruiting, the number of workers per position and a detailed job description. Interested employers will also be asked to provide proof of current advertising to demonstrate efforts to recruit Canadians and Permanent Residents of Canada to vacant positions.
Employers eligible to participate will include:
- Businesses established in Manitoba and registered as a corporation, limited partnership, or sole proprietorship. Home based employers are not eligible.
- Have a business premises in Manitoba where the applicant(s) will work.
- Be active in Manitoba for a minimum of three years immediately preceding the application.
- Have a positive history with the MPNP. Employers must be in compliance with all provincial labour laws, including but not limited to employment standards, health and safety standards, and labour relations legislation.
- Employers will be responsible for their own airfare, accommodations cost, meal costs, and cost-shared meeting space. Employers will be required to register with the Government of Canada’s Employer Portal and pay the $230 compliance fee per position, which cannot be charged back to the worker.
Eligible positions will include:
- Positions can fall under NOC 0, A, B, C, and D.
- If positions fall under NOC C or D, the wage rates must meet median wages. Employers will also be required to pay the fees for the temporary foreign worker’s (TFW) work permit ($155) and pay for the transportation costs (i.e. airfare) of the TFW to the work location in Manitoba and back to their place of permanent residency (if required).
- Positions must be for long-term, full-time employment and meet prevailing wages and working conditions offered to Canadian Citizens and /or Permanent Residents in Manitoba.
- The offer of employment is related to the assessed occupation, including training and work experience of the internationally trained worker.
- Positions cannot be temporary or seasonal in nature.
- Employment cannot be commission-based.
- There is no training component required to the recruitment of the foreign worker. Selected candidates should be able to commence work in the position upon securing a work permit and arriving in Manitoba.
- Employers will be assessed on their labour market need and employer eligibility. Final selection of employers will be based on their active participation in the mission.
- MPNP overseas activities are subject to program resources and departmental approval.