Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program staff will be in London, England between November 6th through to the 10th along with Manitoba employers to conduct interviews with individuals who can demonstrate qualifying skills in the following areas:
- Long Haul Transport Drivers (HGV Drivers)
- Heavy Equipment Service Technicians
Long Haul Transport Drivers Operate and drive tractor – trailer (articulated) weighing 4,500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances. Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods. Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections of vehicle systems. Obtain special permits and additional documents to transport cargo on international routes.
To participate for an interview you must provide copies of your driver’s license which demonstrates you have the equivalent to a Manitoba Class 1 driver’s license
Heavy Equipment ServiceTechnician Automotive service technicians diagnose, repair and service mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components of cars, buses, and light and commercial transport trucks. Primary duties of are adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport trucks, trailers and agricultural equipment. Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor, Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults. Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment. Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications. Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups. Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
Employment opportunities are available to qualified and interested candidates. If you:
- Are between the age of 21 – 45
- have completed at least a one-year, post-secondary education or training program for which you received a diploma, degree or certificate
- Have a minimum of 3 years employment experience in the past 5 years in the related occupations listed
- submit an official result of an approved language test taken within the past two years showing you achieved scores equivalent to at least CLB 5 in each test category and overall or Common European Framework Reference (CEFR B1).
- Submit a resume and additional supporting documents to: London Mission 2017
Provide to the MPNP, at the time you apply to participate in the initiative, official results of an approved language test taken within the past two years showing you achieved scores equivalent to at least CLB 5 in each test category (skill area) and overall. Use our CLB Grid to determine your CLB-equivalent scores.
NOTE WE WILL ONLY REVIEW E-MAILS OF INDIVIDUALS WHO DEMONSTRATE THEY HAVE THE SKILLS RELATED TO THE ADVERTISED POSITIONS. E-MAILS SUBMITTED WITH UNRELATED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE NOT CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.