Premier announces a new Labour Market Strategy for Immigration
Premier announces a new Labour Market Strategy for Immigration to provide direction for the renewal of the MPNP. The MPNP for Skilled Workers and Business will be renewed with a stronger emphasis on candidates with high potential to meet the Province’s projected labour market needs over the next 5 years, and who can establish higher investment businesses that create jobs for Manitobans. The specific details of changes to MPNP criteria and processes, as well as the new cost recovery model with application fees, will be announced in early 2017 after program changes have been approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. For more information, read the complete Government of Manitoba News Release here, and watch this website for future updates.
Manitoba’s New Labour Market Strategy for Immigration: click here for “frequently asked questions”
Attend an Information Session
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program will be offering information sessions on a regular basis to provide more information about the MPNP Renewal as it becomes available. The first session will take place on December 13 at 2:30 PM. If you’d like to attend, please register by phone at 204-945-2806 by December 11, 2016. Limited seating is available.
If you are unable to attend this session, please check this website regularly as additional sessions are scheduled.
Results of EOI Draw No. 23: The latest draw of candidates for the MPNP Expression of Interest system (EOI) was held November 29th, 2016 and the MPNP has sent selected candidates letters of advice to apply.
- MPNP – Skilled Worker Exploratory Visits Intake is now closed
The MPNP – Skilled Worker category has now received a sufficient number of requests for Exploratory Visits to meet current operational requirements.
NOTE: ALL MPNP APPLICATION STREAMS REMAIN OPEN (business and skilled worker categories) – to all those who meet eligibility requirements as demonstrated through the submission of an Expression of Interest.
Changes to Expression of Interest (EOI) Risk Assessment Factors Effective November 16, 2016
- Ranking points will no longer be deducted if you or your spouse have a close relative living in another Canadian province or if you have a previous immigration application to another province. You are still required to answer these questions. The maximum negative ranking points possible now is -200.
- If you have a valid EOI, you do NOT need to create a new one, the points have been automatically adjusted. You can log-in to view your current score and change/update your valid profile at any time if your circumstances change by updating the information in your EOI and hitting re-submit.
Manitoba, Canada is growing through immigration. Over the past 10 years, almost 130,000 people from all over the world have made a new home in the welcoming communities of our prosperous Canadian province.
Manitoba offers immigrant families the opportunity to take advantage of high employment, affordability, and peaceful living in the cities and towns nestled in the natural beauty of Canada’s central province.
You can help us build a better future in Manitoba by:
- Choosing Manitoba: Learn more about our province, its job and business opportunities, and the services available to support your new life in Manitoba
- Applying to the MPNP or choosing another route to immigrate to Manitoba
- Preparing your move and, upon arrival, taking advantage of Manitoba settlement and employment services for newcomers
- Hiring immigrant skilled workers through the MPNP’s services to help Manitoba employers recruit and retain internationally experienced workers both here and abroad
- Welcoming immigrants to your community or workplace by using Manitoba Immigration’s resources for communities and services that support newcomer inclusion